atom feed2 messages in org.georgialibraries.list.open-ils-general[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Reporting on MARC ...
FromSent OnAttachments
Chauncey MontgomeryMay 3, 2014 12:33 pm
Holly BrennanMay 5, 2014 11:06 am
Subject:[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Reporting on MARC Fields
From:Chauncey Montgomery (mont@oplin.org)
Date:May 3, 2014 12:33:54 pm
List:org.georgialibraries.list.open-ils-general

A couple weeks ago, I had posted a question to IRC about reporting on the 650 fields in a MARC record. At the time, I was having no success, while the Evergreen report module was reminding me that I was a mere mortal. Well, after a little more work and helpful hints from the community I had success. I thought I’d post how I was able to run the report, since there has been some other questions circulating about this topic.

My original trials were using the source “Flattened MARC Fields.” However, I was not getting any results. I later switched to the source “Item,” and pulled in the flattened MARC fields and it worked.

Here is what I used in my report:

Filters: Item :: Shelving Location - Location ID Item :: Call Number/Volume - Owning Library Item :: Call Number/Volume - Is Deleted Item -> Call Number/Volume -> Bibliographic Record :: Flattened MARC Fields - Tag Item -> Call Number/Volume -> Bibliographic Record :: Flattened MARC Fields - Subfield

Display: Item -> Call Number/Volume -> Bibliographic Record :: Simple Record Extracts - Title Proper (normalized) Item -> Call Number/Volume -> Bibliographic Record :: Flattened MARC Fields - Tag Item -> Call Number/Volume -> Bibliographic Record :: Flattened MARC Fields - Subfield

The final report gives me a simple list of titles with the 650 information for the specified shelving location. Wunderbar!

Lessons learned: 1. Patience and persistence is imperative with reports (I need to be reminded of this often). 2. The Evergreen community rocks; thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Hopefully this helps anyone else trying to build a similar report.

CM